Sunday, May 16, 2010

A Long Time Coming!


Aylcia Countryman has been a friend of Walker's and our family since they were in kindergarten ,and they were five years old! Her and Walker have been the best of friends and have stayed in contact even though we moved and Walker went to Higley High. About a month ago Walker had told me that Aylcia and her sister and her mom were moving to North Carolina! I was sad to hear that and had told Walker that I wanted to make sure I saw them before they left! I also knew of the LOVE Linda has for her girls and and if Linda thought that it would be better for her family in N.C. that even though they would be missed here by many friends, that it was what they should do! Then.... about 2 weeks later Walker tells me that the Countrymans were staying and that Aylcia was getting baptized! WHAT!!!! I was so excited. From the time Alycia was a little girl in our neighborhood she always told me that she was going to get baptized! I was so excited!!! I picked my phone up and call Alycia right away and yes she confirmed that she was getting baptized and she was over the top excited!! And we were too!!!! Most of Aylcia's friends were LDS. Aylcia has always been a very outgoing, bubbly girl! She ALWAYS seemed to be so happy! She was raised with high standards and morals. Linda taught her girls from a young age to stand up for what they believe! Linda always went way beyond, to support her girls and has always been with them every step of their lives! When I got to the church on Saturday Aylcia was in her whites greeting the few people that were invited! She did not seem the least bit nervous! Aylcia's face was brighter than ever! She gave me a huge hug, and at that point I was just trying to keep my emotions in control! And for anyone that knows me knows that is hard for me to do sometimes! As we were standing there Linda and Carrisa came walking down the hall! It truly was the sweetest moment when Aylcia ran down the hall to her mom and sister and threw her arms around them! They all three just hug! You could just feel the bond they have for each other! It was time to get started so we all went in and sat down! Again the love and spirit in the room was palpable! Aylcia set in the middle of her mom and sister and they held each others hand! Just as the baptism started after the prayer Aylcia stood up in front of everyone and said, I do not know if this is appropriate but I want everyone to meet the two most important people in my life! She asked her mom and sister to stand up in the front of everyone! Aylcia continued to express her love for them and said she would not be who she was if it was not for her mom and sister! I felt sure at this point there was not a dry eye in the room! There were a few talks given and the music was beautiful! A very close family friend to the Countrymans, that they have know since Alycia was little baptized her! When she came up from the water, Alycia had a huge smile on her face! You could just feel her joy! This baptism was a long time coming. After the baptism Linda invited me over to their home. We visited for awhile and then we decided to go out to eat! Tom met us for dinner and it seemed to be a perfect ending to a perfect day! I did not realize the best was yet to come! When we got back to their home the girls got out of the car and went inside to change their clothes and grab the dogs to take them for a walk. Linda and I began to talk. Over the past few years this family has been going through a divorce. There have been so many trial so many hard days. But through it all Linda has managed to strengthen the love and bond they have for one another to grow even stronger! As Linda and I spoke in the car after dinner one thing she said to me that sticks out was.... she told me she had not seen the sparkle in Alycia's eyes for a few years until now. Through her conversion, Linda said the old Alycia was back!! Linda also told me that there was no way she would be able to move to N.C. now and take Aylcia away from the spirit and friends she has here! That is a devoted loving mother! Linda said she knew with Aylcia conversion that it was an answer to prayers that they needed to stay here in Gilbert. Even though Linda has already quit her job and had started boxing things up, she knew in her heart, that it would be best for them to stay! Linda also told me that they had taken the missionary discussions before. She said this time the Lord sent the Sister Missionaries just for them! I am sure He did! There were so many powerful things that Linda shared with me that will stay with me forever! Linda's spirit is amazing!Walker was able to help confirm Aylcia the next morning in her ward. I know he felt honored to be a part of Aylcia's confirmation! What a wonderful day it was to witness the Lords hand in this family! I am so thankful that the Countrymans shared this beautiful day with me, one that I will not soon forget! Aylcia we are SO HAPPY for you and we love you and your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment