Sunday, May 6, 2012

Joe Dalton, The Birthday Boy!

A birthday hugs from Gwen!

 My birthday boy Joe Dalton Scheurn is 31 years old!!!!
I am going to say the same thing I always say and that is..... Time has gone so fast!!! Tom said as were eating with Joe and his family, "I know what Mom was doing this day and time 31 years ago"!
It only took a few seconds as I recalled that day!! It actually started in the very early morning hours when my water broke! Tom and I went to the hospital knowing I would have a C-Section. I did talk the doctor in to letting me try and deliver on my own! He agreed and said he would give me 8 hours! After 15 hours...Dr. Goodman performed a C-Section! Joe weighed 8.14 and he was beautiful! We did not have a named picked out for him! We liked several. The women who takes care of the birth certificate kept coming in asking if we decided on his name. Finally on the second evening my mom came to visit and she said..."How about Joe Dalton Scheurn"? She said "that sounds like a cowboy name"! My mom's dad and brother were named Joe as well! It sounded good to Tom and I so...this is how he was named!
Joe has been a joy for Tom and I to raise! He has always been so easy for us! He is for sure the go to kid for Tom and I! Sometimes I feel bad about that but, Joe never makes you feel bad for asking for his help! He is always so willing and dependable! There have been many times he has fixed things or did something that need to be done without us evening asking for his help!! If Joe says he will do something you don't have to ask twice or check to see if it was done!! Joe has been such a great example to our family! I feel pretty sure I would not know what to do without him! Friday morning he dropped off a special donut to me early in the morning just because!  I am thankful for his thoughtfulness to Tom and I! I am thankful for the love and respect he shows and gives to Tom and I!! We are thankful for the great huge love Joe has for Erin and his children! His family is what makes him happy!! I love this about Joe! I am thankful he is such a loving husband and father!! He is happiest when he is with his Erin and the kids! I love that about him!!
We are just THANKFUL for this birthday boy!!
Joe dad and I love you so very much! We hope this next year is fantastic!!! We love you so very much!!
Happy Birthday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment