Friday, April 27, 2012

You Never Stop Worrying!! Weavers Needle!

This picture is taken from the highest summit!
This is on the way up!
I love this beautiful picture!! Lafe Goeckeritz took his 12 year old son! His dad packed his backpack up for him! Very brave!!! 



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4cQaWYNXGA&feature=g-upl

Joe is my outdoor boy /  my nature boy! He was my child that went to bed EARLY and was up EARLY!!
Ever since he has been little, he would rather fish and camp then do anything else!! He just never could get enough! When Joe was young he just wanted to be dropped off in the woods with a fishing pole and a sleeping bag! I had no doubt he could of lasted pretty much for ever in the woods with just those two things!! The problem is he might not of come home! Since he was a young boy,  he has been know to go to the closest pond on his lunch brake and fish!! When he was little I would go in his room and it smelt so bad on occasion!! I would find old catfish bait in one of his many tackle boxes!! If you think that would not make me mad you are wrong! It was the worst smell ever!! He loved making his own flies to fish with and I heard they worked well!! Joe LOVES adventure!! He has always had a great love for the outdoors! He has taught his kids this as well!! I see the joy in his family as they take family hikes and fishing trips!!
I love these pictures but...When I saw the video...My thought was....I am thankful I did not see this before he climbed Weavers Needle or else I would of been up all night worrying!!! No matter how old your kids are you never stop worrying!!
Joe and some friends in his ward climb Weavers Needles and camped on the highest summit! He said the climb up was grueling... but well worth it! He said the views were BEAUTIFUL especially, when the sun was coming up the next morning! Joe had his camera on his helmet and got some great video!
Nature Boy...Your mom loves you very much and loves how you love life...so simply and full of adventure and fun!
JUST PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!!    

No comments:

Post a Comment